Field Trip to North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Raleigh

On Friday, January 27th, 2023, the 6th graders at Durham Academy Middle School visited the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh.

Firstly, I was on Bus 2. There were two large buses that took us to the museum. Our driver’s name was Ms. Serene and she was very kind. Once we got onto the bus, it took us about half an hour to get there. After arriving, we went straight to looking at interesting artifacts and reading informational paragraphs.

There were a lot of levels in the museum. I’m not sure exactly how many there were, but there was at least 6. We visited at least 5 of these levels.

I’m not sure what my favorite section of the museum was it was so interesting! One of my favorite sections was one about huge whale and dinosaur skeletons. I realized how big these creatures actually were and are!

After about two hours at the museum, we stopped for lunch. For lunch, I had a cheese sandwich. It was pretty good. Lunch lasted about 30 minutes and then it was time to go inside the museum again.

The last exhibit we visited was the race exhibit. It was interesting and I felt like I’d learned a lot. Inside of the race exhibit, it had questions that were then answered by a couple paragraphs of writing. This was one of my favorite sections.

I really loved this museum, and would be happy to go again!